Instagram

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

life and milestones

I just realized it is actually my birthday today. I always look forward to this day with much anticipation and reflection. Today, all I could think about was the fact that a month ago (28 days to be exact), God granted me the joy of experiencing childbirth. It is quite profound and I can not explain the amount of love that fills my heart when I look at my son.

I don't think anyone has ever made me want to just give all I have to make them happy in just a month. It made me wonder if that's how it is with God's love. So full and completely unmerited. I am humbled by the lessons I am being taught. How patient God must be! I am beginning to understand what it means to be long suffering.

Lord grant me the grace to accept the blessings you bestow on me, to be patient with the lessons you are teaching me, to utterly trust in Your plans for my life and help me to live in Your will.

9 comments:

Andrea said...

Amen, happy birthday and congratulations on the birth of your son.. So happy for you.. boys are so much fun....

Unknown said...

thanks Andrea!

Efua Dentaa said...

Happy Birthday. Have a good one.

Sankofa said...

Happy birthday hope you have many great years ahead!

Nana Efua said...

I already posted on your facebook wall but it won't hurt to post here too :) HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You are an inspiration to me. Your posts inspire me to be a better person. Thanks! And Congrats on the little one ^_^

Unknown said...

@Efua- thanks

@Sankofa- Thank you

@Nana Efua- didn't even know you read my blog. Thanks girl! I'm glad I can inspire you. Some days are tougher than others but even if my faith is shaken, it's never broken :-) oh you and Andy are cute together!

Aba T. Tetteh said...

Happy b'day to you. God continuously bless you.

Think-About-It said...

Congratulations Miss Maxy!!
And Happy Birthday too.

Amen to your prayer!

BubblesB said...

Amen!!! God bless and keep you and the family. You are truly an inspiration! Mame.