Instagram

Search This Blog

Monday, February 1, 2010

You Don't Know Me


Let me be myself
Not the preacher's kid
Not her sister
Not your friend
Not my man's woman

Let me be myself
Not the black girl from Africa
Not the little girl who's no more
Not the buddy you hang with
Just...

Let me be myself
Not my father's daughter
Not my uncle's niece
Not my teacher's student
I just wanna ...

Be myself
A child created in His image
Just who I am
Exactly what He intends me to be
... HIS child.

(written a million years ago when I was a freshman in college!)

7 comments:

Nana said...

Aww, that's so nice. Haven't been here in a while; hope you and yours are alright. :)

Merrymary said...

I like it a lot!!!!

The Author said...

Lol. But if you mention "His Image" then as much as with all the other references, you are not "Yourself", are you?

Unknown said...

@Tye- Thanks

@Mary- :)

@NYA- Unless ofcourse that is how I identify or define myself right? :)

Ghana_Hall_of_Shame said...

Realising the importance of this and refreshing your memory (and ours) every few years is a good thing.
We need to define ourselves & not have others define us.
Try telling me who I am & what I should be. My facial expression might say "You are right" but my mind is saying "oh gerrout".
Mike

Unknown said...

@ Mike- hahahaha... that's exactly what I do too!...hehehe

Admin said...

been a while here,nice one