Instagram

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 27, 2011

PEACE

I have been pondering over Psalm 23 today and thought about the content of this email that circulated a while ago and figured I would share with y'all.

THE 23RD PSALM BROKEN DOWN


The Lord is my Shepherd ~ Relationship

I shall not want ~ Provision

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures ~ Comfort

He leadeth me beside still waters ~ Peace

He restoreth my soul ~ Healing

He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness ~ Guidance

For His name sake ~ Purpose

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death ~ Trials & Testing

I will fear no evil ~ Protection

For thou art with me ~ Faithfulness

Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me ~ Assurance

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies ~ Deliverance

Thou anointest my head with oil ~ Consecration

My cup runneth over ~ Abundance

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life ~ Grace

And I will dwell in the house of the Lord ~ Security

Forever ~ Eternity

Can you imagine sitting in the presence of your enemies while enjoying a good meal in comfort? I think the Psalmist painted this vivid picture to depict God's providence and also his(David's) trust in the promises of God that He would be with Him no matter what. It gives me such great peace to know that such an awesome God cares for me!

7 comments:

Africa's Daughter said...

thank you for this posting. it's a wonderful blessing & good meditation for the coming week

Unknown said...

@Africa's Daughter- Have a blessed week :)

DiDi said...

This is wonderful,i have read that passage a Gazillion times but never had this revelation..thanks for the post N have a blessed week too

Unknown said...

thanks Didi and thanks for stopping by!

simplychic said...

this is a beautiful breakdown. i'm going to share it with my mom :) thank YOU for sharing it with us...

Unknown said...

@ simplychic- my pleasure!

Yankeenaijababe said...

One of the best psalms in the bible, I know this chapter by heart and it sure leaves me wondering, it is only by his grace...:=)