Instagram

Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Forget Me Not

I began to wallow in this deep dark feeling
I blamed, I cursed, I saw no end
No silver lining, no light at the end of the tunnel
If it was there, I sure was missing it
Probably because I was wallowing in this deep dark feeling

I always thought I was one to come out of it
Unscathed or perhaps with a few scars to show
I didn't think I would be the walking advertisement,
The very poster child of this ingratitude
An ingrate in the making, as if nothing good had ever happened to me

I felt overtaken, overshadowed by my unbelief
Then I begun to see a glimmer of hope
Out of the darkness came my light
Aha! what a little hopeful thought can do
My heart felt free from and my spirit begun to soar

Again I begun to remember all that He said;
I will never leave you nor forsake you
Do not be consumed by anxiety
Each day has enough worry of it's own
Baby steps, one day at a time

Now I am not wallowing
There are days when those fleeting thoughts intrude
There are sunny days dotted with clouds overhead
But I will not wallow in that place
I am not alone, He's there and He's not going away!

4 comments:

Aba T. Tetteh said...

Yes, God is really there and he ain't going nowhere. What an assurance! Thank you Lord.

Anonymous said...

Also remember, there was never ever ever a time when the sun did not come out, when the tears did not dry up, when the rain did not cease, when the grass did not grow, when His word did not come to pass, and when the Lord was not faithful.....So this too shall surely pass no matter how long it takes or how insurmountable it might seem.

The Author said...

I like!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful piece, Maxine, beautiful. He's there with us ALL the time. Just wished our faith could be greater...