Instagram

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

lately

So am I an idealist or just plain delusional? I choose gratitude and refuse to feed into misery because misery does love company. Call me crazy but focusing on the positives and being thankful has proven to be a lot more beneficial to my overall well being than the opposite. I have had my fair share of pain and I struggle with it on a constant basis to be grateful in life but God has been good through it all. Even in the times when my vision is tunneled and all I visualize is the distraction and uncertainty and heartache.

Why do people refuse to see that gratitude is the mark of maturity in several areas of life? Why do people get mad when others remain positive no matter their circumstances? Oh wait, misery loves company! I am sure it is quite annoying to see other people's lives as perfect while your's remains drab, boring and full of pain but for the love of all that is good, please don't compare your life to another's. You do not know their struggle or hassle. You only see a snippet of a person's life online and it is mostly just the good that is put out there. Don't believe the hollywood hype either. Real life is full of highs and lows and no situation is permanent. If you're down right now, dust yourself and get back up. Keep pressing on.

No comments: